Best Fine Dining Restaurants in Honolulu
- Vintage Cave Honolulu – is the epitome of fine dining in Honolulu. At the Vintage Cave Honolulu, one can enjoy exceptional food and wine at the hands of gifted masters of the culinary arts. ‘Chef’s recommendation’ commands a gravitas guaranteed to satisfy the most discerning palate. Seasoned sommeliers conduct the process of pairing wine and food with true finesse and style. Vintage Cave Honolulu brings the secret longing to life. Its walls and ceilings are masoned with 150,000 antique style bricks. Its flooring is of granite quarried in the mountains of India. Furniture and fixtures were all custom crafted to create unique and comfortable cavern echoing the underground architecture of ancient Rome.
Vintage Cave Honolulu has discovered the “best of the best” ingredients from all over the world and we have developed our exclusive French-Japonaise menu (10-12 courses). They believe that this unique French cuisine is one-of-a-kind that you have never experienced before.
Address: Ala Moana Shopping Center, Level B, Row D
Tel: (808) 441-1744
Website: Vintage Cave Honolulu
Cuisine: French, Japanese, Sushi
- Azure Restaurant – a world-class restaurant perched along the Waikiki beachfront under the canopy of Royal Hawaiian hotel’s dramatic architecture. Whether it is ahi, monchong, opah, onaga, opakapaka, or moi that whets your appetite – locally caught fish are selected each morning at daybreak from the Hawaii fish auction and then prepared with your pleasure in mind. Choose between a classic preparation of high heat aromatic herb roasting or an innovative Hawaiian regional cuisine preparation served with bright tropical flavors. Expert servers and sommeliers provide intuitive recommendations for perfect wine pairing to accent the delicate flavors of the ocean.
Address: Royal Hawaiian Hotel, 2259 Kalakaua Ave., Honolulu, HI 96815
Tel: (808) 923-7311
Website: Azure Waikiki Restaurant
Cuisine: Seafood, steakhouse, asian fusion
- La Mer Restaurant – this French restaurant has recently been awarded a five-star designation by Forbes Travel Guide — the only restaurant in Hawaii to receive this accolade. Recognized as the finest restaurant in Honolulu, La Mer captures the elegance and romance of Halekulani. Their internationally acclaimed menu features local, tropical ingredients in dishes inspired by flavors from the south of France. Celebrated as Hawaii’s longest, consecutively ranked AAA 5 Diamond Restaurant, La Mer blends elevated service with exceptional cuisine, all with extraordinary views of the Pacific. Tranquil, graceful and refined, La Mer epitomizes superlative fine dining, and is Honolulu’s most sought-after restaurant.
Address: Halekulani Hotel, 2199 Kalia Rd., Honolulu, HI 96815
Tel: (808) 923-2311
Website: La Mer Restaurant
- Chef Mavro – here you will taste the unique bounty of Hawaii influenced by Chef’s native Provence. Lobster, wagyu beef, lamb, pork & Island fish & upcountry vegetables are all popular dishes. Chef Mavro is the only independently owned Hawaii restaurant to earn the 2016 AAA Five Diamond status (every year since 2008), as well as the only Hawaii restaurant with Gayot Three Toques 18/20 rating and on their “Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S.” Also the restaurant holds numerous Top 10 awards including “Top 10 Restaurants in the World” based on a vote of the editors of Fodor’s guidebooks, and “Top 10 Seafood Restaurants in the U.S.” by Gayot.
Address: 1969 S King Street, Honolulu, HI 96826
Tel: (808) 944-4714
Website: Chef Mavro Restaurant
Cuisine: French, seafood, fusion
- Hoku’s – this fine restaurant is located at The Kahala Hotel & Resort and is heralded for its innovative fusion fare which melds Hawaiian, Asian, Mediterranean and European flavours. The restaurant’s twist on contemporary Island cuisine ensures that it is consistently ranked as one of Hawaii’s best restaurants. Hoku’s has a breathtaking beachside setting with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean from every table in the multi-level dining room. Also competing for guest’s attention is the open kitchen featuring fiery hot woks, a kiawe wood grill, and tandoori and wood-burning ovens. The cuisine is fresh, light, and innovative.
Address: The Kahala Hotel & Resort, 5000 Kahala Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96816
Tel: (808) 739-8760
Website: Hoku’s Restaurant
Cuisine: Seafood, Asian fusion, Hawaiian
- The Signature Prime Steak & Seafood – located at the 36th floor of the Ala Moana Hotel, The Signature Prime Steak & Seafood restaurant is the new home to a space known historically for memorable evenings with Oahu’s most epic views. Whether savoring one of the bar’s signature crafted cocktails and taking in the panoramic sunset views, or enjoying unparalleled service and a perfectly aged prime grade steak while gazing at the Waikiki skyline. The Signature Prime Steak and Seafood offers a wide variety of breathtaking and unique private dining experiences. Whether an intimate dinner for 8 or an epic celebration with your 40 closest friends, The Signature has all of your needs covered.
Address: Ala Moana Hotel, 410 Atkinson Dr, 36th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96814
Tel: (808) 949-3636
Website: The Signature Prime Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Cuisine: Seafood, steakhouse
- Michel’s – Michel’s at the Colony Surf has been inspiring romance since 1962. At the foot of Diamond Head just outside of Waikiki we offer the island’s best oceanfront view of sunset and the Honolulu city lights. Our delectable French haute cuisine with island flair is complemented by impeccable service. Honolulu Magazine has bestowed Michel’s with the “Best Restaurant for Romance” Hale Aina Award every year since 1985. We are also recognized as a Distinguished Restaurant of North America (DiRōNA), and Robin Leach from the “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” named us one of the “World’s Best.”
Address: 2895 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815
Tel: (808) 923-6552
Website: Michel’s at the Colony Surf
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – At Ruth’s Chris, your last bite is just as good as your first. their perfected broiling method and seasoning techniques ensure each cut of USDA Prime beef they serve arrives cooked to perfection and sizzling on a 500° plate—just the way Ruth liked it. Ruth’s Chris is the best place to celebrate life’s special moments, big or small. Whether it’s a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting or a private party, Ruth’s Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs.
Address: 226 Lewers Street, Honolulu, HI 96815 or 500 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96813
Tel: (808) 599-3860
Website: Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Cuisine: Steakhouse, seafood
- Morton’s The Steakhouse – Renowned for its signature menu and legendary hospitality, Morton’s The Steakhouse Honolulu sets the standard for fine steakhouse dining. This steakhouse serves only the finest quality foods, featuring USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, hand-picked produce, decadent desserts and an award-winning wine list. Their Prime Beef at Morton’s is aged for 23-28 days and is custom-cut per Morton’s specification, by network of experienced meat cutters, which assures the highest quality. Private dining is also available for 10-120 people. Whatever the occasion, Morton’s The Steakhouse will exceed your expectations.
Address: Ala Moana Shopping Center, 1450 Ala Moana Blvd. Honolulu, HI 96814
Tel: (808) 949-1300
Website: Morton’s The Steakhouse